These pages of the wiki will walk you through several example applications included in the Tudat Bundle. These example make use of several Tudat libraries and show how to use the different elements for your own simulation.
The tutorials on these pages focus on the elements of Tudat that you’ll need from to write your own simulation. The source files for the examples we use can be found in the
tudatExampleApplications folder within the
tudatBundle. If you have downloaded the Tudat Bundle, the following directory should be on your computer:
where “pathTo” is the directory where you extracted the Tudat Bundle. When browsing the files in this directory you will see, among others, the
singlePerturbedSatellitePropagator.cpp files, which we will discuss here among other examples.
Tudat Example Application Tutorials¶
Each example is discussed in detail on a separate page. Note that in the first example, the entire source file is discussed in a step-by-step manner. Subsequent tutorials focus on the aspects that are different, compared to the basic Kepler orbit propagation.
- 1. Unperturbed Earth-orbiting Satellite
- 2. Perturbed Earth-orbiting Satellite
- 3. Un-guided Capsule Entry
- 4. Inner Solar System Propagation
- 5. Use of Thrust: Thrust Force Along Velocity Vector
- 6. Use of Thrust: User-defined Thrust Vector
- 7. Tabulated Atmosphere Usage
- 8. Comparison of Propagator Types
- 9. Kalman Filter for State Estimation
- 10. Variational Equations Propagation
- 11. Orbit Determination and Parameter Estimation (Basic)
- 12. Orbit Determination and Parameter Estimation
- 13. MGA Trajectory Design
- 14. Full propagation of the CR3BP
- 15. Full propagation of a patched conics trajectory
- 16. Shape-Based Low-Thrust Trajectories
Pagmo Optimization Tutorials¶
In the same tudatExampleApplications library on your computer, you can find the library examples. These examples contain examples on how to use Pagmo 2, which is an external optimization library. The first tutorial, Himmelblau optimization, will show you the basics of this library, the subsequent examples go into more depth of the Pagmo 2 library.